Seems we’re not the only ones who take a grim view of logo design contests – fellow Irishman and Friend of the Factor David Airey has just posted a look at how logo design contests are bad for business. He takes a look at some lackluster results from a few recent online contests that illustrate how this increasingly popular way of ‘crowd-sourcing’ (more on that in a while) your design work out via the toobz is not such a stellar idea. This is something that we’ve been on about for a while now – we also take a fairly in-depth look at logo design contests in our knowledge base. The folks at No Spec! aren’t big fans either.
- Are logo design contests really that bad?
- More Logo Design Contests
- Again with the design contests
- Design is a ‘snooty’ business: Forbes
- Why logo contests don’t work