Some tips and pointers on branding and corporate identity and how to establish a brand for your business.
Here’s some decent advice on building a brand –
Use branding professionals
Branding is a specialized skill best done by experienced professionals. It is far better to expose your users to minimal branding than to use extensive branding that is annoying and ineffective. Work with your branding and marketing team to create a good end-to-end branding experience.
If you do only five things…
1. Start with the product design. The most powerful branding statement is to satisfy your customers’ needs especially well.
2. Choose a good product name that is memorable, distinctive, and concisely conveys the benefit of the product.
3. Think of branding in terms of experiences and making an emotional connection, not product logos and color schemes.
4. Prefer secondary branding elements. Limit your use of primary branding elements to a few strategic experiences.
5. Get help from a branding professional.
Sounds like copy hyping a marketing firm (though the emphasis is mine). Nope. These are the words of advice from Microsoft, who have published their branding tips on their website. Some decent stuff, and some nifty show-and-tell graphics to boot.